sâmbătă, 15 iunie 2024

Euro 2024: Don't stand on ceremony

Germany - Scotland 5 - 1

Should you have asked me for a favourite before the game, I would've said Scotland, because of McTominay. But since Andrew Robertson is the captain, and it's his face we see the most on TV, it compensated somewhat. I enjoy seeing him sad.

Hard not to feel sorry for Scotland, but they really didn't come prepared for what hit them. The game was mostly played in their half, with the Germans having substantially more possession. Just a matter of time until you concede when that happens, and it wasn't even a lot of time. The game was never balanced, and after 1-0 at the 10' mark and 3-0 at halftime, all that was left for Scots was to hold tight. 

They did great to score, but they could've conceded a lot more too.

The Germans put in a strong display, but I wouldn't get excited just yet. Let's see how the other big boys line up.

Full marks for Musiala and Fullkrug, two very promising performances. I'm glad the next gams is against Hungary, a tougher game for the Germans than Switzerland I think. And for the Scots, some dusting off and putting the game behind is required.

Niciun comentariu: